Location: Dallas, Texas Employment Opportunity: Full Time
At ZerCareer, it is our mission to connect stand-out Art Directors with top advertising/creative/marketing agencies and brands in the Dallas, Fort Worth area. We are a community based recruiting agency focused on equality, inclusion and helping people find their next passion project. Please note that this position is not for an internal role at ZerCareer, but is instead recruiting for our clients who are looking for their next top Art Director.
Your Role as Art Director
Art Directors drive the design of our projects forward—they are in the trenches, but they also keep their eyes on the overall goal. And, of course, they have a passion for design—stunning, elegant, forward-thinking design. Reporting to their Creative Directors, they collaborate with client services, UX, strategy and tech teams to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution.
As Art Director, you should be ready to present work to executive level client stakeholders and represent the brand at all stages of engagement. You’ll provide direction and leadership to designers working on their project teams, scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently, and attend pitches and industry events as required.
As Art Director, You Will:
- Inspire and collaborate with your team to produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant work for clients
- Work closely with your team to set the tone and direction and execute on the creative strategy for projects
- Participate in all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on mentoring each individual to help them discover their voice as a designer and subsequently deliver innovative and high quality design projects
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve creative output/deliverables
- Develop compelling concepts and on-brand design solutions its all about meeting the challenge and then bringing something extra to the table.
- Communicate branding and content speaking to and defending design choices both to your team and to clients is a must.
- Guide all phases of creative work from ideation to final builds to maintain Kettle's standard of award winning work then help us take it to the next level.
- Assist the ACD in managing and inspiring the creative team as well as being accountable for the creative deliverables.
- Foster and develop junior members of the team be a mentor and lead by example.
You are Perfect for this Role If:
- You have 5+ years experience with interactive design and strategic creative roles
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- You are a gifted mentor and can recognize the potential and brilliance in individuals even before they see it themselves
- You’re proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects
- Portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic
- You have passion for emerging technology and hunger to innovate
- You deliver dynamic presentations and communicate complex ideas with clarity and simplicity
- You have a strong point of view on creative ideas and ability to promote conceptual thinking among team
- You foster trust and collaborative dialog with clients and team members
- You thrive in fast paced environments and have strong attention to detail on the quality of your work, even on tight deadlines
- You have a passion for creative ways to cut through the noise in overstimulated environments and an eye for effective communication/information design
- Are creative, highly organized, detail-oriented and love solving problems while welcoming responsibility and challenges
- You have versatile and polished design execution. You own design and production responsibilities on various projects including marketing campaign material, event branding and assets, and sales collateral - from design concepts to finalizing end product.
*ZerCareer is constantly recruiting for this role and will provide our client's info to qualified candidates*